CONSTRUCTION OF SCALED PHYSICAL BUILDING MODEL
After the Planning Permission is obtained and the building is finalized, a physical scaled model (1:100) of the building can be repaired upon clients’ request.
This physical model is a helpful tool so that the client can appreciate even more the scale of the building as well as its external appearance.
Physical models can be used for presentation purposes especially in cases of property developers.
3-DIMENSIONAL PHOTO-REALISTIC COMPUTER MODEL
After the Planning Permission is obtained and the building is finalized, a computer scaled digital model of the building can be repaired upon clients’ request.
This 3-dimensional computer model can be used as a tool for experiments on the best combination of materials, colors for the best possible result.
Many photo realistic images can be obtained externally as well as internally, in daylight and night light in the form of hard copy photographs.
Selected images can be used for presentation purposes especially in cases of property developers ( in presentation brochures, on construction site signs, in magazines and newspapers advertisements etc.)
BUILDING BROCHURE DESIGN AND PRINTING
The final design of the second stage brochure should be discussed in grater detail, as this will be incorporating more information about the Island, City and Location of the project, the final Master Plan, more accurate architectural drawings for each type of villa as well as new images.
Also in this second brochure the list of building specifications and finishes along with a price list should be incorporated.
The fee for the second stage brochure will be give when the design requirements are agreed.
The printing cost will be given at a future stage when the brochure design is ready.
ISSUE OF PERMITS
SUPERVISION OF WORKS
3D MODELS AND BROCHURE
PLANNING PERMIT APPLICATIONS
The Architect will prepare all the necessary drawings for Planning Permit application.
The Planning Permit drawings consist of all floor plans, elevations, sections and site plans.
The Architect will consult with the planning Authorities and amend drawings, if necessary, in order to obtain Planning Permit.
BUILDING PERMIT APPLICATIONS
LAND DIVISION APPLICATIONS
BUILDINGS DIVISION APPLICATIONS (VERTICAL AND HORIZONTAL DIVISION)
ISSUE OF FINAL BUILDING CERTIFICATES
ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN/ Preliminary Services, Research / Contracts
Discuss the requirements of the project and agree on a brief. Advice on procedures to be followed.
Prepare Architects Appointment and Agreement Documents.
The Client must supply the Architect with all necessary information concerning the legal, natural and financial status of the plot and the project to a undertaken.
Initial site visit by the Architect for appraisal of the plot and site conditions that will affect the design.
The Architect will identify any problems and advice the client accordingly. Also at this stage the client will be advised for the need of other consultants and specialist subcontractors.
Advance Payment (will be considered as first stage of Preliminary Drawings)
Preliminary Drawings and Presentation of Outline ProposalPreparation of Sketch design
Prepare drawings to illustrate the proposed solution to the clients brief. The drawings will not be detailed but they will be sufficient enough to show what the Architects proposal. It will be possible to see the general form and external appearance of the building, its disposition on site, internal functionality and space division.
If the outline Proposal does not correspond to the initial brief of the Client or the preliminary estimate of the cost exceeds by far the budget the Architect will prepare a second proposal. For further proposals a mutual agreement for additional fees must be agreed.
Changes in the Design after this stage will result in abortive work and extra work.
Planning Permition Drawings
Building Permition Drawings
Coordination with the Structural Engineer for the production of the Structural Design Drawings and Production Catalogues based on the Architectural Drawings.
Incorporate structural design in Architectural concept and prepare the necessary drawings for Building Permission application.
The drawings will include all the drawings submitted for the Panning Permission and also additional Electro-mechanical drawings (drainage etc) boundary walls and structural design drawings.
Appointment of supervising Architect and Structural Engineer in accordance with the Law of Mandatory Supervision during Construction Works of 01/09/1999.
INTERIOR DESIGN AND DECORATION
DETAIL ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN
When the Building Permission is granted the final Detail Design and Specificationis prepared.
This includes in addition to the Building Permission drawings, all detailed construction drawings and specification as follows:
- Metal works Detailing (internal and external railings, covers etc)
- Wooden works (main entrance door, int. doors, cupboards, wooden pergolas etc)
- Detailing for Toilet Bathroom, Kitchen Cupboards, Wardrobes
- Floor Finishes Schedules (type, color, assembly methods and detailing specification)
- Suspended Ceiling Schedules (type, color, assembly methods and detailing specification)
- Opening Schedules (Door, windows, type, color, accessories, assembly methods and detailing specification)
- Insulation Detailing and specification
- General Detailing (Build in furniture, railings, staircases, wall cladding, perimeter-boundary walls, garbage stores, swimming pools, barbeque detailing)
Coordination with all design team consultants employed by the Client for the production information and detailed drawings. (Quantity surveyor, Structural Engineer, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers).
The Mechanical Engineer will design and document the Services that include Heating, Air Conditioning, and complex needs for Hot, Cold water and drainage.
The Electrical Engineer will design and document services that include, telephone systems safety systems, alarm systems and complex lighting systems
The Quantity surveyor will prepare a Bill of Quantities in accordance to the Architects instructions. He will also prepare the specifications as well as the building contract and go out to Tender. The Q.S. will also prepare periodically certificates calculating the value of the work completed and submit them to the Architect.
ARCHITECTS WORKS SUPERVISION
STRUCTURAL ENGINEER’S WORKS SUPERVISION
The Architect will periodically carry out site visits to inspect the building.
Site inspection of the structure, electrical and mechanical works will be carried out by the relevant consultants.
Interim and other certificates for payments will be issued after valuations by the Q.S. and after the relevant consultant has certified that the wok done is according to the specifications the drawings and the contract.
Regular inspections of the quantities will be curried out by the Q.S.
Completion of Construction Works, and Client building possession.
Practical completion, schedule of Defects, Final certificate and Settlement of Account are all issued by the Architect in agreement with the Q.S. at the final stages of the project.
PROFESSIONAL SPECIALIST ADVISE
CLERK OF WORKS
QUANTITY SURVEYOR SERVICES
The services of the Quantity Surveyor are very important for the financial control through out the duration of the project and are the following:
- Preliminary Cost Estimation
- Bill of Quantities.
- Control of quantities used by contractor during the construction of the project
- Attendance to meetings with Client, Architect and Contractor.
- Financial control of the contract and ssettlement of account
The fee for this service is given at a future stage, upon clients’ request, and is calculated on the final building cost.
VALUATIONS AND DAMAGES REPORTS
LISTED BUILDINGS APPLICATIONS AND RESTORATIONS
The Project Manager is a construction professional who can be given executive authority and responsibility to assist the client to identify the project objectives and subsequently supply the technical expertise to assess, procure, monitor and control the external resources required to achieve those objectives, defined in terms of time, cost, quality and function.
The Project Manager is supposed to have certain skills which are the following:
- Construction Law
- Contract Law
- Value Management
- Value Engineering
- Procurement and Contract Options
- Project Planning
- Cost Control
- Risk Management
- Contract Administration
- Dispute Resolution
Essentially the project management system places most emphasis on planning and management. Therefore, a person, usually an architect always other than the project architect, with the relevant project management skills is required. The Project Manager is likely to appear in one of two principal roles: either simply as a technical agent of the employer for the purposes of the project or as the professional with the authority to manage the project, including organizing and co-ordinating all the consultants. In either case, the Project Manager acts as a link between the client and the design team
PERMANENT RESIDENCY SCHEME
For the Permanent Residency Permit, applicants have to fulfill the criteria below:
- Evidence of a steady income from abroad of at least €30,000 from sources other than employment in Cyprus.
- The minimum annual income is increased by €5,000 for each dependent person.
- Confirmation letter from a Cyprus bank indicating deposits of a minimum capital of €30,000 from sources other than employment in Cyprus.
- Submission of a title deed or purchase agreement of a residential property issued on the name of applicant of a minimum market value of €300,000 (plus Vat) and a proof of payment for at least €200,000 excluding VAT
- Additional conditionals and requirements
- Clean criminal record
- Statement confirming that the applicant has no intention to work or be engaged in any form of active business in Cyprus
- The applicant should visit Cyprus at least once every two years
Other important information: An Investment Permit can also be granted to children of the applicant over the age of 18, not financially dependent.
- Investment in real estate, land development and infrastructure projects at least €2 million (residential or commercial developments, developments in the tourism sector or other infrastructure related projects). The investment in land under development is also included in this criterion.
- Investment in financial assets of Cypriot companies or Cypriot organizations
Purchase, or participation in companies or organizations established and operating in the Republic of Cyprus with investment cost of at least €2 million.
- Invest in – Investment of at least €2 million in Alternative Investment Funds or financial assets of Cypriot companies or organizations in the Republic of Cyprus, licence and supervised by the CySec.
- Combination of the above investments, provided that the total investment will amount up to at least €2, 0 million.
Terms and Conditions
- Clean Criminal Record
- Residence in the Republic of Cyprus
- Residence Permit in Cyprus
Other useful notes
Investor’s Family members
Spouse and financially dependent children:
A passport is also issued for the investor’s spouse and all financially dependent children (up to 18 years old – or up to 28, provided that they are college students).
The applicant’s parents are also entitled to apply for citizenship provided that they are owners of a private residence of at least €500.000.
Alternatively, the applicant and his/ her parents may acquire just one residential property of a total value of at least €1,0m.
BENEFITS OF THE CYPRUS EU CITIZENSHIP PROGRAMME
- Fast and simple:
It is an express procedure; it can be obtained within 3 months
Wide choice of investment options
Once the application is approved has immediate effect
- No exceptions or requirements:
All nationalities are eligible for the programme
There are no language requirements
No requirement to physically reside in Cyprus
No need to renounce previous nationality as dual citizenship is allowed
Citizenship can be passed to future generations by descent
- Benefit from free movement within EU member states:
Free movement of People -freely travel, live and work within the European Union
Free movement of Goods -right to transfer goods from a member state to another
Free movement of Capital -transfer any amount of money from a member state to another
Free movement of Services – Establishment and free movement of Services
- Other benefits include:
– Individuals who reside in Cyprus more than 183 days in a calendar year become tax residents in Cyprus and taxed in Cyprus on their worldwide income
– Right to do business, buy property and invest in Europe , taking advantage of Cyprus favourable tax regime and double tax treaties plus the high level of professional services on offer
– Protection by the diplomatic or consular authorities of any EU country
– Right to vote and stand for European Parliament Elections as a European citizen